Another tasty treat to keep you cool in the heat!
15-30 elderflower heads, de-stemmed
1 quart filtered/distilled water
1 lb sugar
1/4 cup raw honey
2T of citric acid (for preservation)
- Place the elderflowers in a bowl. Zest the lemon into the bowl.
- Combine sugar, water, citric acid, and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- When all sugar is dissolved, pour the liquid over the flowers and press them down, making sure they are fully covered by the syrup.
- Cover with a tea towel and let sit for 1 hr.
- Stir in the honey.
- Allow mixture to steep over night.
- In the morning, strain it off through cheesecloth or a tea towel.
- Bottle and refrigerate, use with bubble water, white wine, or as an immune booster for the whole family.