This month we focus our herb of the month on the common culinary annual is used prolifically in various international cuisines; Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, Mexican, and many others. What is less know about this plant is its use as a potent medicine. The qualities are legion.
Some medicinal qualities include:
- Rids the body of heavy metals by catalyzing the body’s detoxification process
- Protects against oxidation of cells
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Settles the stomach
- Contains high amounts of Vitamin A and K
- Promotes healthy bone structure
- Promotes sleep regulation
- Encourages healthy brain function
- Calms inflammatory conditions
Note: Fresh cilantro cools and balances spicy foods for people who are aggravated by these and inflammatory conditions.
2 c. fresh cilantro
1/4 c. green chili
3 cloves roasted garlic
1 fresh jalapeño
Juice of 1 lime
2 TBS sour cream (this can be omitted for vegetarian/vegan recipes)
Salt & Pepper to taste
To make: Simply place all ingredients into a blender or cuisinart, mix and enjoy! Delicious on your favorite enchilada recipe, as a dip, on tacos, with veggies and more! Perfect to add to a dish on a beautiful summer day.